Today we sit down with Bryan Lutgen of Wheelbound Productions. We talk about Bryan’s deep level of experience in the tech industry stemming from the age of 7. You can reach Bryan at his website www.wheelbound.net or via phone at 406-858-0255. If you want to learn more about the people in our community be sure to follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our Youtube channel here.
montana security deposit
missoulacornerstone Tenant Tips LLC, missoula property management, missoula rentals, montana security deposit, montana tenant rights, Property management companies, property management companies in missoula, property management missoula, rent in missoula, Rental property, rental unit, rental unit liability, renters insurance, security deposit, security deposit law, security deposit rights in montana, tenant rights
Tenants, Know Your Rights!
Avoid having your security deposit withheld for unlawful reasons. Follow these steps to maximize your security deposit safety!
1) Prior to the execution of tenancy, make sure your landlord furnishes you with a written statement of the unit’s current condition and verify its accuracy.
2) Request, in writing, the statement of damage and cleaning charges provided to the last tenant.
3) If the landlord refuses to do these things, they are barred from withholding any part of your security deposit for damages to, or cleaning of, your unit unless they can clearly and convincingly furnish evidence that you caused the damage in question.
4) 1 week prior to termination of tenancy, request the landlord to do a walk through of unit to identify necessary cleaning.
5) After your move out inspection, your landlord must provide you with a written statement of additional cleaning needed and allow you 24 hours to remedy the issues.
MCA 70-25-201, 70-25-204, 70-25-206
We also personally recommend doing a video walk through of the entire unit to document cleanliness and current damages. Submit a copy to the landlord and obtain a written acknowledgement of receipt.
School of Hard Knocks
We always treat our tenants with respect and compassion. If you would like to see what we have available, head over to our Rentals page!
Additional information is available online at http://courts.mt.gov/library/topic/landlord. Always consult with an attorney when pursuing any legal action.